Inventory module works in real-time and in order to start tracking the usage of your products, they need to be added to your warehouse in Agrivi.
The are 2 ways to add the products to your warehouses:
- Via inventory - you can add stock directly from your inventory module by clicking on "Add stock" button, choosing the category, product and the date on which you would like to store your product.
- Via expense invoice - if you bought your products and you would like to track the cost as well, you can add your products via Finance module by registering an Expense for the products. You will need to enter the product/item, date, price, and choose a warehouse on which you would like to store it.
When adding your products to inventory, you will be able to see that there are already default categories present for fertilizers, pesticides, fuel, seed, and crop.
If you would like to add your own products that are not available in Agrivi's database, you can do so in your "Manage items" module. In "Manage items" you can add your own items under the default categories or simply create your own categories and store the products under them.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Unit of products you are storing - make sure you select the correct unit. If not, you will not be able to utilize it in your records.
- Date - date on which you choose to store the product is the date from which you will be able to utilize it. You will not be allowed to use it before that period.
- Manage items - if you need to add a product or a category, make sure to name it by something known to you and not by the name already available in the system. This will only duplicate the inputs and it will be hard to recognize your own.